This Crock Pot Chicken & Stuffing Casserole has become a regular dinner item in our house. In fact, I make it at least 2-3 times per month.
Chunks of chicken breast coated in a delicious and creamy sauce. Add in a little stuffing mix and green beans and you have a complete meal for two that requires very little preparation.
Simply throw everything in the crock pot and let the magic happen!
And in just a few hours, dinner is ready to be served!
Crock Pot Chicken & Stuffing Casserole
Boneless, skinless, chicken breast
Boxed stuffing mix
Unsalted butter, melted
Salt and pepper, to taste
Frozen or fresh green beans, optional
*To make this recipe even easier, you can substitute a half of a 15 oz. can of cream of chicken soup in place of the melted butter, flour, chicken broth, milk and poultry seasoning.
The first step in making this Crock Pot Chicken & Stuffing Casserole is to prepare the slow cooker. You can either spray the crock with non-stick cooking spray or line it with a plastic cooking liner.
When cooking for just the two of us, I use my 2.5 quart Crock Pot. It is better to use a mini slow cooker rather than the larger 5-6 quart family style crock pot.
This is because the cooking surface area is smaller, and it is less likely that the food will burn and stick to the surface.
Once your crock pot is prepared, cut the chicken into 2 inch x 2 inch cubes. Then season with salt and pepper on all sides, to taste.
After the chicken has been seasoned place the pieces in the bottom of the prepared crock pot. Then sprinkle the stuffing mix on top of the chicken, covering as much surface area as you can.
Mix The Wet Ingredients
Then in a separate bowl, mix together the melted butter and flour. Once a thick paste forms, slowly pour in the chicken broth and milk and continue to whisk until the mixture is smooth and free of clumps.
Continue whisking as you add the sour cream, salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning.
Pour the seasoned liquid mixture over the stuffing, coating as much as the bread crumbs as you can. Then place the green beans on top of the mixture.
Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours. Stir the Crock Pot Chicken & Stuffing Casserole at the 1-2 times before serving.
Other Easy Dinner Recipes For Two
Be sure to check out some of my favorite dinner recipes for two on the Main Course page in the Recipe Index. I will be adding several of our favorite recipes so be sure to check back often!
To receive FREE recipes delivered directly to your email, be sure to sign up for the iCookfortwo newsletter. A sign up form is located in the middle of this article. If you have any questions, comments, or want to submit an idea for a recipe for two, feel free to email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 large chicken breast
- 3 oz. boxed stuffing mix
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/4 TBSP. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 TBSP. milk
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 oz. frozen or fresh green beans
- Spray crock pot with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut chicken into 2 inch x 2 inch sections and season with salt and pepper to taste. Place chicken in the bottom of the prepared crock pot.
- Sprinkle the stuffing mix on top of the chicken.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the melted butter and flour. Then slowly pour in the chicken broth and milk and continue to whisk until the mixture is smooth and free of clumps. Continue whisking as you add the sour cream, salt and pepper to taste, and the poultry seasoning. Pour the mixture over the stuffing, coating as much as the bread crumbs as you can.
- Place green bean on top of the mixture.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours. Stir 1-2 times during the cooking process.
- Serve warm.
You can substitute a half can of cream of chicken soup in place of the melted butter, flour, chicken broth, milk and poultry seasoning.
Recipe provided by iCookfortwo.com
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 302Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 75mgSodium 531mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 2gSugar 5gProtein 23g
Nutritional Information is to be used as a general guideline only . Nutritional calculations will vary from the types and brands of the products used.