Want to know the secrets to making delicious Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops? This recipe will show you how to cook tender and juicy pork chops that have a thin and crispy outer coating.
Best of all, this recipe requires only a few basic ingredients and it is done in very little time. Although this recipe only takes about 15 minutes to make, it tastes like you have spent hours in the kitchen.
And that is why it has become one of my favorite main dish recipes, especially when there is little time to make dinner. Serve the pork chops with Air Fryer Red Potatoes and a small salad and a complete dinner will be on the table in under 25 minutes!
What Makes This Recipe So Good?
Many people steer away from making pork chops unless they are smothered in cream of mushroom soup and cooked in a crock pot all day. That is because often times cooked pork chops turn out dry and chewy.
However, when you cook them using this recipe they turn out incredibly delicious, tender, and juicy every time. So you may be wondering why that is the case.
It all starts with the type of pork chops that you purchase. For this recipe I use thick, center cut, boneless pork chops. Although the bone usually gives flavor to whatever meat that it is cooked with, this isn’t necessarily the case when it comes to pork chops.
Like we mentioned before, pork chops are considered a lean meat. And that means that they are going to cook up very quickly.
Therefore, there is no time for the bone to provide flavor when the meat is being cooked that quickly. On the contrary, when baking or roasting for long periods of time, the bone can release the flavor into the meat as the fibers slowly break down.
Although we will be using 1/2 inch thick center cut pork loins, we will be pounding the pork chops to make them thinner to ensure that they cook up properly in that short of time.
Flavor The Meat
As you probably already know, pork chops don’t naturally have much flavor. Therefore, to make these pork chops delicious, you must add a few ingredients to enhance the flavor, such as Parmesan cheese.
The combination of Parmesan cheese and Panko breadcrumbs creates a crispy, flavorful breading that gives a nice texture to the meat.
Why You Should Make This Recipe?
If you are have a busy week, or are tired or just don’t feel like cooking for hours, Parmesan crusted pork chops is your answer. It requires just a few common ingredients and can be on the table in under 15 minutes.
Not to mention that it is an easy dinner recipe to make for two people. Although you can purchase pork chops in a quantity of two, you can also purchase the family size pork chops as well to save money.
When you get home, separate the chops into packages of two and freeze them using a Food Saver. Then you can have them on hand whenever you need a quick and easy meal.
All you have to do is thaw the pork chops and follow the instructions below. And in no time a delicious dinner for two will be on the table!
Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops Recipe
*A printable recipe card is located at the bottom of this article which contains the specific measurements, temperatures and cook times. However, continue reading below to learn about more helpful tips about this specific recipe.
- Parmesan Cheese, divided
- Panko Breadcrumbs
- Center-cut, Boneless, Pork Loin Chops of 1/2-inch thick each
- Salt and Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Olive oil
1. Place 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese in a shallow bowl.
2. Place the remaining Parmesan cheese in another shallow bowl. Next, add the Panko breadcrumbs to this bowl and thoroughly mix the contents.
3. In a third shallow bowl, whisk a large egg along with a pinch of salt until the egg has been whisked thoroughly.
4. Pat the pork chops dry with paper towels. Then place plastic wrap on top of the pork chops and pound each one with a meat mallet or the bottom of a thick, round glass, until they are 1/4-inch in thickness.
5. Next season both sides of the pork chops with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Working one at a time, dredge each pork chop in the Parmesan cheese. Make sure to coat both sides carefully.
7. Next, dip the pork chop in the whisked egg. Again, being sure to coat both sides.
8. Finally, coat both sides of the chops in the bread crumb mixture. Make sure to gently press the bread crumbs so that they will stick to the surface.
9. Place the Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops on a plate or wire rack and let them sit while you prepare the skillet.
10. Heat the olive oil in a medium-sized skillet and place over medium-high heat. When the oil becomes hot and shimmering, place the breaded pork chops in the oil and cook, undisturbed for about 3 to 4 minutes.
Do Not Flip Too Soon
This is the hard part. Do not wiggle or move the chops that are in the pan for at least 3 minutes. Otherwise you risk the breading coming off. After the 3 minutes, gently use a thin flipping spatula or a pair of tongs to lift one end of the meat.
If it lifts easily, the pork chops are ready to be flipped. However, if they stick to the pan, let them cook a little longer.
11. Flip and continue to cook for another 3 to 4 minutes. Be sure to cook until the internal temperature reaches 145°F when checked with an instant read digital thermometer.
12. Transfer the cooked pork chops to a paper towel-lined plate or use a wire rack. Then season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
Serve warm along with your favorite side dish.
How To Store, Refrigerate, and Reheat Leftovers
While there is no substitute for freshly cooked Parmesan crusted pork chops, it is possible to store and reheat the leftovers. Although, the taste will still be amazing, the exterior coating will not be as crispy when reheated.
Store the leftover pork chops in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. You can also freeze the leftover meat in an air-tight container for up to 3 months.
When it comes to reheating, it is best to do this in an oven or air fryer so that you can retain as much as the crispy coating possible. Place in a preheated oven or air fryer at 400°F for 5-10 minutes, or until the meat is heated through.
The air fryer method will cook the pork chops quicker, but it may also dry them out if you let them reheat too long.
Now that you know how to make Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops, gather the ingredients and get cooking! You will be so happy that you found this recipe!
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 large eggs
- 2 (1/2-inch thick) center-cut boneless pork loin chops
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Place 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese in a shallow bowl. Then place the remaining 1/4 cup in a second shallow bowl. Add the the Panko breadcrumbs and mix to combine. In a third shallow bowl, whisk 1 large egg and a pinch of salt together until the egg is smooth in texture.
- Pat the pork chops dry with paper towels. Pound each pork chop until they are 1/4-inch thick. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Dredge each pork chop, one at a time, in the Parmesan cheese, coating both sides. Then dip in the whisked egg, and then coat both sides in the bread crumb mixture. Be sure to gently press the bread crumbs onto the pork chops so that they can stick to the surface. Place on a plate, set aside.
- Heat 1/4 cup of the olive oil in a medium size skillet over medium-high heat One hot and shimmering, add the breaded pork and cook for 3-4 minutes or until light golden brown in color.
- Flip and continue to cook for another 3-4 minutes or until cooked at an internal temperature of 145°F. Transfer the pork chops to a paper towel-lined plate or wire rack. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm
Recipe provided by iCookfortwo.com
Nutrition InformationYield 2
Amount Per Serving Calories 621Total Fat 45gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 30gCholesterol 159mgSodium 1077mgCarbohydrates 25gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 29g
Nutritional Information is to be used as a general guideline only . Nutritional calculations will vary from the types and brands of the products used.