This Mushroom Pork Chops recipe is one that I make in my kitchen quite frequently. Not only is it delicious and easy to make, but it is also budget friendly as well.
Pork chops are one of the least expensive types of meat that you can purchase. Although the large family pack is typically on sale at least twice a month, the smaller packs for two are almost always reasonably priced.
Then add in a few extra ingredients and a delicious dinner will be on the table in 30 minutes.
Mushroom Pork Chops Recipe
- Pork chops*
- Olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Garlic salt, to taste
- Fresh sliced mushrooms
- Condensed cream of mushroom soup
- Dry white wine or chicken stock
*It is best to use thick, bone in pork chops for this recipe. The bones provide so much flavor that it is really worth the hassle.
However, if you prefer, you can also make this recipe with boneless pork chops. Just be sure that they are at least 3/4 inch thick or more. Thin pork chops take just minutes to prepare and will turn out tough and chewy in this recipe.
The first step in making Mushroom Pork Chops is to season the pork chops with salt, pepper, and garlic salt to taste.
Then add the oil and butter to a medium skillet and place over medium-high heat.
Wait until the butter has melted and brown the pork chops on both sides until golden brown. The pork chops will not be fully cooked at this point.
However each side should be nice and brown from being placed in the hot skillet with the butter and oil. Remove the pork chops from the pan and set aside.
Decrease the heat to medium and in the same skillet add the sliced onions and mushrooms. Saute for 3-4 minutes so that the onions can begin to turn translucent and the mushrooms begin to soften.
Next, pour cream of mushroom soup and wine/broth in the pan and stir until well incorporated.
Add the browned pork chops back in the skillet and reduce temperature to medium-low. Then cover the skillet, and simmer 20 to 30 minutes.
Remove the mushroom pork chops when they reach an internal temperature of 145°F.
What To Serve With Mushroom Pork Chops
Although you can serve just about any side dish alongside these pork chops, below are some of my favorite pairings.
- Applesauce – Of course you have heard of the saying “Pork chops & applesauce, that’s swell”. But applesauce does pair nicely with pork chops. Plus it is easy to make your own Applesauce too!
- Air Fryer Red Potatoes – While the pork chops are simmering in the sauce, throw some red potatoes in your air fryer. Both should be ready to eat at the same time!
- Garlic Green Beans – There is no easier side dish than making garlic green beans. I prefer to cook frozen or fresh green beans because you can control the amount that you make, rather than opening an entire can. Besides, you can make them in the Air Fryer or Instant Pot if you prefer.
- White or Brown Rice – Rice is a staple in our house. Not only does it go perfectly with mushroom pork chops, but it is so versatile and can be used in just about every meal. I will make a cup of dried rice every week and refrigeratre it so that I have it on hand whenever needed.
- Pasta – Another quick and easy to make side dish that is perfect for two people. The best thing about dried pasta is that you can use as little or as much of the box that you want. And there is no need to add flavoring to your pasta for this side dish. The mushroom sauce will coat the noodles perfectly.
Just about any vegetable will go great with this meal. Brussels sprouts, steamed broccoli, asparagus and Instant Pot Baked Potatoes are some of our favorites. And you can always add a side salad to the meal as well!
To receive FREE recipes delivered directly to your email, be sure to sign up for the iCookfortwo newsletter. A sign up form is located in the middle of this article. If you have any questions, comments, or want to submit an idea for a recipe for two, feel free to email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2 pork chops
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch garlic salt, or to taste
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken stock
- Season pork chops with salt, pepper, and garlic salt to taste. Add oil and butter to skillet and place over medium-high heat.
- Brown the chops on both sides and remove from the pan. In the same skillet add the onion and mushrooms, and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour cream of mushroom soup and wine/broth in the pan and mix well. Add the browned pork chops back in the skillet and reduce temperature to medium-low. Cover skillet, and simmer 20 to 30 minutes, or until chops are cooked through to an internal temperature of 145°F.
Serve over rice or with potatoes.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 354Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 78mgSodium 996mgCarbohydrates 13gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 24g